We are proud to announce the Renovation has made the Randall Museum building fully accessible!
Please bear in mind that as an old building it is not always possible to take the most direct route. The original interior ramps from 1951 are steeper than current code and should be used with caution. You will have to exit the building to get from the main part of the building to The Garage & Woodshop or from the main part of the building to the Art Room, the Buckley-Redwood Room, and the Redwood Ramp.
Parking: There are designated accessible parking spaces. Small transition ramps allow access to the grounds of Museum from the parking lot.
Accessible Bathrooms are found on all levels and the Elevator can provide access to each floor of the building
Getting into the building
There are five accessible ways to enter the building from outside:
- Main Entrance (front desk, lobby, etc.): Follow the paved path from the front gate and take the second left to the front door
- Entrance to Woodshop and The Garage: Enter the front gate and take the first left to doors into the West wing of the building
- Entrance to Buckley-Redwood Room, Art Room, Teaching Kitchen, and Redwood Ramp: Enter the front gate and take the third left to doors into the East wing of the building
- Back entry of the Woodshop: From the parking lot go through the roll-up garage door into the back of the woodshop
- Terrace, Café Josephine or Live Animal Exhibit: Go through main gate, follow the paved path around the far end of the building overlooking downtown San Francisco. Take the long accessible ramp up to the Terrace, and enter doors either to Café Josephine or the Live Animal Exhibit
An elevator provides access to all three floors of the building. There are two ways to get to the Elevator from outside the building:
- Main Entrance: Enter and follow the signs to the North-West corner of lobby to find the entrance to Elevator
- Terrace, Café Josephine or Live Animal Exhibit: Go to the far end of the building, take the ramp up to Terrace, go through the Café Josephine or Live Animal Exhibit to the Lobby. Follow the signs to North-West corner of Lobby to the Elevator
Areas not accessible via Elevator
- The Garage and Woodshop: Either take the first left once you have gone through the Main Gate and down the smaller ramp to the double glass doors, or enter the back of the Woodshop directly from the Parking Lot by going through the roll-up garage door
- Art Room and Buckley Redwood Room: Take the third left once you have gone through the Main Gate and down the smaller ramp to the double glass doors