Randall Museum Day Camps
–>2021 camp info Coming Soon<---
Randall Museum Summer Camps 2020
Day camp sessions are one or two weeks long and include a daily morning workshop, supervised lunch time (campers bring lunch), and an afternoon workshop. Sorry, partial attendance is not available. It is mandatory for campers to attend each week of camp and both morning and afternoon workshops. Camp times are Monday – Friday, 9:30 am – 3 pm. Extended care begins at 8:00 am and ends at 6:00 pm.
How to Register for Summer Camp
To register for any summer camps, you must have a San Francisco Recreation and Park Department Family Account. Family Accounts may be created online at sfreconline.org and click “Create an Account”. There is no cost to create a Family Account. When you have created your Family Account, you will be able to register on line and pay with a credit card. You must create your Family Account well in advance of camp registration. We expect all available spaces to be filled by those registering on-line. Staff is available to assist you with on line registration at McLaren Lodge and many San Francisco Recreation and Park facilities. Check and see if your neighborhood is offering Summer Camp registration. Also go to the SF Rec and Park website, go to FIND A CLASS and then scroll down to Day Camp Guide 2020. Read everything. There is very important information that will help you.
- Due to high demand, campers may sign up for a maximum of two Randall Museum camps per person. Registering for more camps without prior authorization may result in cancelled enrollment.
- On line registration opens Saturday, March 21st, at 10:00 am. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no priority registration.
- We must adhere strictly to age limitations. All campers ages will be checked. Campers enrolled in camps out of their age group will be cut from the camp. Campers registered in camps for ages 6-7 MUST SUBMIT PROOF OF AGE OR YOU WILL BE CUT FROM THE CAMP.
Mail, email or bring a copy of birth certificate or passport to Julie Dodd at the Randall Museum by April 21st.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mailing Address: Randall Museum, 199 Museum Way, San Francisco, CA 94114
- Day camps meet Monday – Friday for one week or two weeks. Partial attendance is not permitted. Camp starts at 9:30 am and ends at 3:00 pm. Each camp day includes two, structured classes, supervised play time, and a lunch break.
Extended care is available from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm for an additional fee of $99 for a one week camp and $198 for a two week class.
- Scholarships are available to low-income San Francisco residents. Visit sfreconline.org or call 415-831-2717 during regular business hours to learn whether you qualify and how to apply. YOU MUST BE APPROVED FOR SCHOLARSHIPS BEFORE CAMP REGISTRATION.
- Refunds: Please note that any changes to or withdrawals from camp sessions will incur a 20% fee up to 30 days before the start date of your camp. If you require a refund rather than a credit, there will be an additional $10 processing fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days of your specific camp session.
Extended Care Available!
We offer supervised before- and after-camp extended care every day. The hours of extended care activities are from 8:00 am to 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
The cost is a flat fee of $99 per one week camp or $198 per two-week camp. All registered campers are eligible for extended care.
You must register by the first day of camp. Once you have signed up, your camper may attend as many or as few days of extended care activities as you wish; however, no partial payments are accepted.
At Recreation and Parks, Everybody Plays! SFRPD tries to provide inclusion services for any camp we offer. You must contact the Inclusion Services Department to make arrangements in advance. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED, DO NOT DELAY! Deadline is March 13th. For more info, go to sfrecpark.org and click on “FAQs”, call 415-206-1546 (V) or 415-242-5700 (VP), or email email@example.com.
New Technologies Day Camp
The Randall Museum’s New Technologies Day Camps focus on electronics, digital media and fabrication, robotics, programming and more. Each camp includes structured classes, supervised playtime and a lunch break.
- Each camp includes structured class from 10am to 12 noon, supervised lunch from noon to 1:00 (campers bring their own lunch and snacks) and structured class from 1:00 – 3:00pm.
- There will be 15 minute breaks in the middle of the structured class times for physical play, snack and space-out time.
- Due to the complex nature of the projects campers complete, partial attendance is not permitted.
- Please pack a healthy lunch, snack and water bottle daily. Drop off is at 9:30 am and pick up is at 3:00 pm.
- To drop off as early as 8:00 am and pick up by 6:00 pm, please purchase extended care.
Fab Lab Skills Camp, June 8 - June 12, Ages 10-12, Cost $395
Fab Lab Skills Camp, June 15 - June 19, Ages 8-9, Cost $395
Fab Lab Skills Camp, June 22 - June 26, Ages 8-9, Cost $395
Robots: Design, Build, Crash, Repeat
July 6 – July 17
Ages 10 – 12
Spend two full weeks designing and building Robots. Using design software like Illustrator and Tinkercad, you’ll develop Robot prototypes, and then fabricate parts for them using our 3D printers and laser cutter. You’ll learn to work with sensors, motors, lights, gears and more. Mornings are devoted to digital design and fabrication. Afternoons you’ll get down and dirty with assembly: soldering circuit and parts, drilling, gluing and whatever else it takes to build your robot model. Then, fire up your mockup, crash test its functionality, revise and repeat.
Art and Science Day Camps
Art and Science Day Camps include a range of hands-on science, art, technology, nature study and physical play. Due to the complex nature of the projects campers complete, partial attendance is not permitted permitted
Session 1: June 8-12 & June 15-19, 2 Weeks, cost $700
Session 2: June 22-26, 1 week, cost $350
Green Gardening (afternoons)
Science of Pizza (afternoons)
Act Your Heart Out (afternoons)
Session 3: July 6-10 & July 13-17, 2 Weeks, cost $700
Act Your Heart Out (afternoons)
Mexican Folk Art (afternoons)
Green Gardening (afternoons)
Clay Monster Making (afternoons)
Session 4: July 20-24 & July 27-31, 2 Weeks, cost $700
Clay Animals (afternoons)
Mini Makers (afternoons)